MOUNT DORA RESTAURANTS
The Mount Dora restaurants on this page only include those that I've tried and liked.
If it's not on the list, I either didn't try it, didn't like it or have forgotten to write it up.
Mount Dora is one of the three towns that make up Central Florida's "Golden Triangle".
Mount Dora restaurants on this page also include those in the other two triangle towns: Eustis and Tavares.
The list might be a bit Mount Dora centric because that's where I live.
MOUNT DORA RESTAURANTS RECOMMENDED
BY FLORIDA BACKROADS TRAVEL
1921 by Norm Van Aken
1921 By Norman Van Aken. 142 East 4th Avenue, Mount Dora, Florida 32757. Tel: 352-385-1921. The famous chef has an extensive menu and wonderful bar scene. Upscale but worth the money. Popular happy hour 430 to 630.
- Cafe Gianni. 425 North Alexander Street, Mount Dora, FL 32757. This little restaurant had a nice following in Eustis and moved the entire operation to Mount Dora in 2014. It has an upscale Italian menu in a two story building in downtown Mount Dora. Dining upstairs or down; wine and beer. Chicken, pork, beef and seafood. Home made pasta.
- Chili's Bar & Grill. 17419 Us Hwy 441, Mount Dora, FL
32757. Tel: 352-589-4002. Yep, this is the big national chain and I
like it a lot. Good chili, fajitas, hamburgers, wide variety of menu
items. Full liquor bar and great margaritas. One of the best of the
chain Mount Dora restaurants.
Cody's on 4th
- Cody's on 4th.
111 East 4th Avenue, Mount Dora, FL 32757. Tel: 352-735-8426. Nice
little cafe decorated with old scenes of historic Mount Dora. They have
a variety of coffee, homemade pastries, fresh salads, sandwiches, beer
Copacabana Cuban Cafe
- Copacabana Cuban Cafe. 320 Dora
Drawdy Way, Mount Dora Florida 32757. Tel: 352-385-9000. This is a
great place to eat. Simple yet comfortable decor and interior. Owner
Alberto and his staff are very attentive and agreeable. Food is great
and served promptly. I recently had picadillo - a lightly spiced ground
beef dish - served with plantains and yellow rice. As an appetizer, I
had sopa de polla - chicken soup- with lots of noodles, potatoes,
carrots, and chicken. It was only $4.95 and could have been a meal unto
itself. My picadillo was just right. This is a good place to eat and to
discover that Mount Dora restaurants include a good Cuban place.
- Fiesta Grande Mexican Grill.
421-B Baker Street, Mount Dora Florida 32757. Tel: 352-385-3540. This
is a large, bright and cheerful downtown eatery that has a full liquor
bar and a wide range of Mexican dishes. Very good food and colorful
atmosphere. There are other Mount Dora restaurants that feature Mexican
food, but this is my favorite.
- Golden Corral Buffet & Restaurant. 15810 Us Highway 441, Eustis, FL 32726. Tel: 352-589-1831. This
restaurant features a big buffet that is sure to have something on it
you will like. The salad bar is great with plenty of lettuce, carrots,
green peppers, black olives, croutons, cole slaw and a host of other
goodies like garbanzos and cheeses. The hot meal bar is loaded with a
lot of fried delights like fish, chicken, okra and other southern
staples like green beans and carrots. They also have a excellent
rotisserie chicken. They also have great desserts. Prices reasonable,
- Highland Street Cafe. 185
South Highland Street, Mount Dora Florida 32757. Tel: 352-383-1446.
This is one of the Mount Dora restaurants favored by locals, especially
as a breakfast place, although they also have a regular American lunch
menu. It is similar to a diner in menu and layout. Breakfast is
available all day long. Service is great and food is good, especially
- Jeremiah's. 947 East 5th
Avenue, Mount Dora Florida 32757. Tel: 352-383-7444. This corner
restaurant is a good place for dinner. They have just about everything,
and their fajitas are better than any of the chain restaurants on the
outskirts of town. Jeremiah's has a full liquor bar, and outside dining
is available too.
- Kiku Japanese Steakhouse.
15211 US Highway 441, Eustis, FL 32726. 352-483-8288. This large and
roomy restaurant is in the Publix shopping center at David Walker
Boulevard. It features great hibachi, cooked at your table while you
watch in amazement. It is one of two Mount Dora restaurants that
feature hibachi cooking. Full liquor bar, reasonable prices.
- Lake House Bar & Grill (formerly Side Lines Sports Eatery). 315 North Highland Street, Mount Dora, FL 32757. Tel: 352-735-7433. This is a typical sports bar with a few TV screens and a good menu standard fare like hamburgers, fries and pizzas. They will make your pizza the way you like it. A local hangout for good old boys and their wives and families. Good service, plenty of parking.
- Lampu Japanese Steakhouse.
US Highway 441 # 2, Mount Dora Florida 32757. Tel: 352-383-6119.
This large restaurant is at the north end of Donnelly Street where it
meets US Highway 441 on the north side of town. Lampu features great
hibachi, cooked at your table in entertaining fashion. It is one of two
Mount Dora restaurants that feature hibachi cooking. Full liquor bar,
- Maggie's Attic. 237 West
4th Avenue, Mount Dora, FL 32757. Tel: 352-383-5451. I have decided
that wine and beer are food for purposes of listing Mount Dora
restaurants. I stopped by here recently for one of their "Wine Down
Wednesday" events. Probably a hundred jovial people were enjoying beer,
wine and music. There was a table set up with snacks, although this is
more of a wine, beer and gift shop than a restaurant.
- Magical Meat Boutique. 112 W. 4th Avenue, Mount Dora, FL 32757. Tel: 352-729-6911. This small place features English dishes and an excellent selection of beer on tap. It calls itself a "carvery restaurant" and is patterned after a family owned butcher shop of the same name in London. Some of the dishes include fish and chips, bangers and mash, Scotch eggs and breakfast any time. I love their 7 item breakfast where you get to choose the items. Phil Barnard and wife Kate are almost always on the premises and will make you feel welcome.
- Mr. Cebiche & Tapas, 411 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora, FL 32757. Tel: 352-735-8106. This is a restaurant specializing in Peruvian food. Located in the second floor of the Renaissance Building in downtown Mount Dora. Great cebiche (or ceviche if you prefer). Other great seafood and meat offerings.
Mount Dora Brewing Company
- Mount Dora Brewing Company.
405 South Highland St. Mount Dora Florida 32757. Quaint little place
with great homemade beer and good wine selection. Try their sliders;
you will love them. The rambling building is made
up of several unique spaces for drinking and dining-- the Tap Room, Beer
Garden, and Dining Room. Lunch is served 7 days a week, and a
traditional breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays. Open in the evenings
Friday through Monday. Live music is featured in the Tap Room every
Friday and Saturday night, and there’s an open jam session on Sundays
- Night Owl Caribbean Cuisine, 929 South Bay Street, Eustis, Florida 32726. Tel: 352-589-0256. Richard Wright had a popular food truck serving Jamaican food, and lovers of Caribbean Cuisine are glad he opened a permanent location in Eustis. Great jerk chicken and port, patties, and much much more. Tiny dining room and great takeout service.
- Oakwood Smokehouse & Grill.
2911 David Walker Blvd, Eustis, Florida 32726. The inside of this
barbecue place reminds you of a gentlemen's hunting club with stuffed
deer, boar, bobcats, gator heads and mounted fish. Very good ribs,
grilled and barbecued chicken, good slaw and vegetable side dishes.
Beer and wine. A pleasant place with reasonably priced good food.
- Olive Branch Grille & Bar. 115 West 3rd Ave., Mount Dora, Florida 32757. Tel: 352-729-6734. This upscale restaurant features Italian and Mediterannean dishes. It has a full service bar and a menu equally divided between seafood and land based offerings. Good wine list and full service bar.
One Flight Up
- One Flight Up.
440 North Donnelly Street, Mount Dora Florida 32757. Tel: 407-758-9818.
This charming little restaurant has outside balcony dining and the
best view of downtown of all Mount Dora restaurants. Owners Judy and
Roger and their friendly staff make guests feel very welcome. The
coffee, soups, salads, wraps and other light fare are among the best in
Central Florida. I recommend their Chicken Tuscany soup; a bowl makes a
hearty meal. One Flight Up also has several small intimate rooms with
comfortable couches and chairs for group gatherings. A good selection
of wine and beer will complement your meal.
- Pisces Rising. 239 W 4th Ave,
Mt Dora FL 32757. Tel: 352-385-2669. I was in Mount Dora the other day
looking for a nice place to watch the sunset over Lake Dora. I found myself at the bar
on the deck of Pisces Rising. Wonderful bartenders, congenial
customers and a great view of the sunset over Lake Dora. I had a scotch
and water for $2.25 and a pound of peel and eat shrimp for $10.00. I
discovered later that the food inside the restaurant is also great, but
pricier than the bar menu. Some locals call this favorite place "Prices
Rising", but it is among the most popular of Mount Dora restaurants. The price must be right!
722 East 5th Avenue, Mount Dora, FL 32757. Tel: 352-383-0092. This
medium size restaurant with the catchy name is one of the most popular
Mount Dora restaurants. In a restored vintage house close to downtown, with great salads,
pizzas, wine and beer. Order your pizza the way you like: cheesy or
not, thin or not, crispy or not. They will make it your way. Also some
outside dining available.
- Sol De Mexico.
125 N. Bay Street, Eustis, Florida. Tel: 352-357-0259. Nice Mexican
restaurant in the heart of revitalized downtown Eustis. Great standards
like tacos, burritos and fajitas. Pleasant decor, sit down dining,
good service. Parking lot on east side of restaurant.
- Takis Pizza House II, 1600 S Bay St Eustis, FL 32726. Tel: 352-357-0022. As the name implies, Takis has great pizza. I value their Greek dishes, including a great gyro plate, wonderful Greek salads, and my all time favorite: grape leaves stuffed with ground beef and rice. Good selection of beer and wine.
- Thai Jasmine & Sushi House. 1010 E Alfred St., Tavares, Florida 32778, Tel: 352-742-0956. Small place in a strip shopping center but big flavor in sushi and Thai favorites. Friendly staff, wine and beer while you wait.
The Frog and Monkey
- The Frog and Monkey Restaurant & Pub.
411 North Donnelly St, Mount Dora, FL 32757. Tel: 352-383-1936. This
basement bar and eatery is entered either from Donnelly Street or Dora
Drawdy Way. It is in the Renaissance Building, the tallest structure in
downtown Mt Dora. It is themed as an English Pub. It serves great
food, beer and wine. A very good cottage pie, great burgers and soups.
The Goblin Market
- The Goblin Market.
330 Dora Drawdy Way, Mt Dora FL 32757. Tel: 352-735-0059. This fine
restaurant is entered from a charming alley between Donnelly and
Alexander in the heart of downtown Mount Dora. The atmosphere is
charming, reminiscent of a private club with book lined walls and
comfortable lighting. The food and service are as good as anyplace in
Florida. Try the upstairs bar for great service from a bartender who remembers everybody's name and drink. This is the top of
"must visit" Mount Dora restaurants.
- The Great Pizza Company.
23 E. Magnolia Ave., Eustis, Florida 32726. Located in the historic
downtown area of Eustis, this small place with high ceilings and family
ambience has about 40 seats and serves fantastic New York style thin
crust pizza and good salads. Owner Sandy Johnson says the pizza is so
good because they use dough made with New York water. My pizza crust
was nice and thin and crispy, just the way I like it.
The Windsor Rose Tea Room
- The Windsor Rose Tea Room & Restaurant.
142 West 4th Ave., Mount Dora, Florida 32757. Tel: 352-735-2551.
This comfortable little restaurant is decorated with photos and
memorabilia of the British Royal Family. Although they serve high tea
in the traditional manner, they also have more conventional lunches like
traditional hearty British favorites of pot pies and Cornish pasties,
to a selection of tea sandwiches, scones and pastries for Afternoon Tea.
Open 7 days a week from 11:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Village Coffee Pot
- Village Coffee Pot.
425 North Donnelly St, Mt Dora FL. Tel: 352-383-3334. This is the
spot to go for great coffee, ice cream, gelato, soup and sandwiches.
Not only that, owner Akhtar and his strong right hand woman, Carol, know
what's going on around town and will share the latest information.
This small spot in the heart of downtown has become the "nerve central"
of downtown Mount Dora. A good place to swap stories and meet old and
- Whales Tale Fish House. 2720
Old US HWY 441, Mount Dora, Florida 32757. Tel: 352-385-1500. Locals have voted it among the top Mount Dora restaurants. It
is a bright clean spotless gem and serves great seafood. Crab soup,
chowder, clam strips, shrimp, fish and chips. Catfish, haddock,
sometimes even grouper, broiled in lemon butter or lightly breaded and
fried in canola oil. Beer and wine are available. Service is prompt,
excellent and with a smile. Family owned by Pat and Bonnie Duffy. Next door to Mount Dora Pizza.
Enjoy dining in your favorite Mount Dora restaurants, and make sure to tell me about yours.
can read my reviews in more detail on TripAdvisor.com. Just search
for Mount Dora restaurants, Eustis restaurants and Tavares restaurants.
More information about the area is at these links:
Mount Dora, Florida
History of Mount Dora, Florida
OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
Over 59,000 fans can't be wrong. Learn about off the beaten path Old Florida and historic towns.
Like Us On Facebook
Return From Mount Dora Restaurants To Mount Dora Florida
Return To Florida Backroads Travel Home