The Florida day trips, road trips, and scenic drives you will learn about on this website are the best way to get around the state and enjoy and experience the real Old Florida out on the back roads.
DAY TRIPS involve a place or a destination. That could be a town, a tourist attraction, a museum, or anything of interest.
We have organized each day trip around major Florida cities. You can go to one of these pages and find hundreds of day trip destinations and things to do within a 100 mile drive of the town.
ROAD TRIPS are more about the scenery and driving routes. They go through interesting places where you can stop if you'd like or drive on through.
Each of our road trip pages include driving maps.
These trips are designed to take you off congested highways including interstates. We make sure, however, that your route is on paved roads not too far from restaurants and food, gas stations, and rest rooms.
Believe it or not, there are still many roads in Florida that haven't changed that much from the old days. If anything, they've been widened and paved for your traveling pleasure.
The road you see in the photo above is in Central East Florida south of Rockledge on the west side of the Indian River Lagoon. You would recognize the scene today if you drove that road.
Our focus is on on tree canopied routes through historic old towns and rural scenic countryside. Some of the routes are designated Florida Scenic Highways or Byways by the Florida Department of Transportation.
We have divided Florida into 8 regions, and each regional web page has a listing of recommended day trips. Each regional web page also has it's own interactive Google Florida state map focused on the region.
Bristol, Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Grayton Beach, Gulf Breeze, Marianna, Panama City, Pensacola, Seaside. Some of the most beautiful beaches in the world along the Gulf of Mexico.
1. Pensacola to DeFuniak Springs on US-90
2. DeFuniak Springs to Seaside
3. Pensacola to Seaside on US-98
4. Panama City Beach to Grayton Beach on Highway 30A
5. Chattahoochee Loop through Sneads and Marianna
6. Big Bend Scenic Highway from Apalachicola to St Marks
Apalachicola, Archer, Bronson, Carabelle, Cedar Key, Cross Creek, Gainesville, Greenville, Island Grove, Madison, Micanopy, Monticello, Otter Creek, Port St. Joe, Quincy, Tallahassee. Attractions such as the State Capitol and the Museum of Natural History.
1. Quincy to Gainesville on US-90
2. Panama City to Carrabelle on US-98
3. Gainesville to Cedar Key on SR-24
4. Gainesville to Micanopy and McIntosh on US-441
5. Micanopy to Cross Creek on CR-346 and CR-325
6. Cross Creek to Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings Grave
7. White Springs to Suwannee along the Suwannee River
8. Big Bend Scenic Highway from Apalachicola to St Marks
Amelia Island, Crescent Beach, Crescent City, Fernandina Beach, Flagler
Beach, Green Cove Springs, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Korona,
Lake Como, Mandarin, Marineland, Mayport, Orange Park, Ormond Beach,
Palatka, Ponte Vedra Beach, Spuds, St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach,
Vilano Beach. Attractions such as Fort Clinch State park and the Castillo de San Marcos in Florida's first city. A view of the Atlantic Ocean and the St. Johns River along much of the way.
1. Fernandina Beach to St Augustine Beach on SR-A1A
2. Jacksonville to Spuds on SR-13 along the St Johns River
3. Korona to Atlantic Ocean at Highbridge Road
4. Highbridge Road to St Augustine on SR-A1A
5. Orange Park to Crescent City on US-17 & St Johns River
6. Nature Drive North of St Johns River and Jacksonville
7. Satsuma Loop through Welaka and Crescent City
Bonaventure, Cocoa, Cocoa Village, Daytona Beach, Edgewater, Fort Pierce, Georgiana, Indialantic, Jensen Beach, Johns Island, Merritt Island, New Smyrna Beach, Oak Hill, Orange City, Rockledge, Sebastian Inlet, Shiloh, Titusville, Vero Beach, Wabasso. Attractions you can visit include Kennedy Space Center and Blue Spring State Park. A view of the popular Indian River Lagoon along the way.
1. Anderson Drive from Highbridge to Ormond Beach
2. South Daytona Beach to Ponce Inlet on S Atlantic Ave
3. New Smyrna Beach to Edgewater along the Halifax River
4. Oak Hill through Kennedy Space Center to Titusville
5. Williams Point thru Cocoa & Rockledge on Indian River
6. Merritt Island to Georgianna on South Tropical Trail
7. Pineda Causeway to Mathers Bridge on S Tropical Trail
8. Indialantic to Sebastian Inlet on SR-A1A
9. Wabasso Beach to Vero Beach on Jungle Trail
10. Fort Pierce to Jensen Beach along the Indian River
11. New Smyrna Beach Pioneer Trail Shortcut
Apopka, Arcadia, Avon Park, Auburndale, Babson Park, Bartow, Bowling Green, Clermont, Groveland, Fort Meade, Frostproof, Haines City, Highland Park, Howey In The Hills, Indian Lake Estates, Lake Buena Vista, Lake Placid, Lake Wales, Maitland, Mount Dora, Polk City, Oakland Park, Ocala, Orlando, Sebring, Tavares, The Villages, Wauchula, Windermere, Winter Haven, Winter Park. Theme parks such as Walt Disney World, Legoland. Numerous attractions featuring wildlife exhibits, and even some free things to do such as art museums and special events so you don't spend all of your money.
1. Maitland to Orlando through Winter Park
2. Lake Buena Vista to Windermere on SR-535
3. Orlando to Winter Haven on US-17
4. Orlando to Mount Dora on US-441
5. Clermont to Lake Wales on US-27
6. Lake Wales to Lake Placid on US-27
7. Mount Dora to Groveland on SR-19
8. Winter Haven to Wauchula on US-17
9. Lake Wales to Frostproof on Scenic Highway 17
10. Polk City to Auburndale on CR-557 and CR-559
11. Mount Dora to Altoona to Villages and Return
12. Lake Griffin Scenic Loop via Lady Lake and Weirsdale
13. Yalaha Scenic Loop from Howey in the Hills
14. Mount Dora to Melrose through Ocala National Forest
15. Mount Dora to Cross Creek, Micanopy, and McIntosh
16. Mount Dora to St Leo through Dade City
17. Lake Apopka Loop via Apopka, Montverde, Howey
18. Emeralda Island Scenic Loop west of Eustis
19. Haines Creek Lock between Lakes Griffin and Eustis
20. Fort Gates Ferry Drive across St Johns River
21. Green Mountain Scenic Byway around Lake Apopka
22. Sugarloaf Mountain Loop near Montverde and Ferndale
23. On Top Of The World near Ocala to Melrose
Aripeka, Brooksville, Bushnell, Clearwater, Crystal River, Dunedin, Floral City, Hernando Beach, Holiday, Hudson, Inverness, Istachatta, Juneau, Lecanto, Nobleton, Ozona, Palm Harbor, Tampa, Tarpon Springs, St. Petersburg. Attractions such as the Dali Museum and special events like scalloping season.
1. Bushnell to Floral City through Istachatta
2. Inverness to Crystal River on SR-44
3. Weeki Wachee Springs, Aripeka and Hudson on CR-595
4. Holiday, Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs and Dunedin
4. New Port Richey-Tarpon Springs on roads west of US-19
5. Gospel Island Bypass - Inverness & Lake Tsala Apopka
6. Gobbler's Drive Loop - Floral City & Lake Tsala Apopka
Alva, Ave Maria, Boca Grande, Bokeelia, Cape Coral, Chokoloskee, Everglades, Fort Myers, Immokalee, Iona, LaBelle, Naples, Old Naples, Pine Island, Port Charlotte, Port Royal, St. James City
1. Port Charlotte to Boca Grande thru Placida on CR-771
2. Fort Myers to Iona on McGregor Boulevard
3. LaBelle to Immokalee on SR-29
4. LaBelle, Alva and Olga along the Caloosahatchee River
5. Cape Coral to Matlacha and Pine Island
6. Vanderbilt Beach to Port Royal through Old Naples
7. Fifth Avenue Historic District in Old Naples
8. Naples to Chokoloskee through Everglades City
9. Naples to Miami on Tamiami Trail - US-41
10. Naples to Fort Myers Beach along the Gulf of Mexico
Bal Harbour, Belle Glade, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Clewiston, Coconut
Grove, Coral Gables, Dania Beach, Deerfield Beach, Delray Beach, Florida
City, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale Beach, Goulds, Hallandale Beach,
Haulover Beach, Hobe Sound, Hollywood, Homestead, Juno Beach, Jupiter,
Jupiter Island, Key Biscayne, Key Largo, Key West, Lakeport, Miami,
Miami Beach, Moore Haven, North Palm Beach, Okeechobee, Pahokee, Palm
Beach, Pompano Beach, Surfside, West Palm Beach
1. Fort Pierce to Jensen Beach along the Indian River
2. Jupiter to Hobe Sound via Jupiter Island on the Ocean
3. Jupiter to North Palm Beach on SR-A1A
4. Palm Beach to Lake Worth Inlet among the mansions
5. Palm Beach to Boynton Beach on SR-A1A
6. Boynton Beach to Fort Lauderdale on SR-A1A
7. Coconut Grove to Goulds on Old Cutler Road
8. Miami to Fort Myers via Belle Glade, Clewiston, LaBelle
9. Martin County Scenic Highway west of Stuart