- Day Trips by Destination Location
FLORIDA DAY TRIPS
The Florida day trips on this website tell you about specific locations you can visit. That could be a town, a tourist attraction, a museum, or anything of interest.
Sunshine Skyway Bridge Across Tampa Bay
There are two ways you can find a good day trip on this web page:
1. You can choose a day trip within a 100 mile radius of any of several major Florida cities. These day trips include a wide variety of places and experiences.
2. You can choose a day trip based on a theme that fits into your particular interest. This might be a railroad museum, a botanical garden, a zoo, or any number of others. We have arranged these day trips destinations by theme.
Downtown Jacksonville, Florida
FLORIDA DAY TRIPS BY CITY
Each city day trip page includes a list of destinations that make good day trips within 100 miles of that city.
Click on any map below to see the recommended day trips.
U.S. Navy Blue Angels Above Pensacola
FLORIDA DAY TRIPS BY THEME OF INTEREST
You can choose day trips based on any of these themes of interest.
Naples Botanical Gardens
- Theme Parks and Amusement Parks
- Beaches for Swimming or Shelling
- Manatees, Birds, Dolphins, and More
- Adventures on the Water
- Florida Everglades Adventures
- Florida History and Places to Visit
- The Florida Keys Things to Do
- Botanical Gardens, Flowers, Trees
- Great Florida Restaurants and Bars
- Historic Buildings and Architecture
- Historic Florida Hotels
- Florida Lighthouses
- Historic Carpenter Gothic Churches
- Museums of All Kinds and Collections
- Outdoor Adventures
- National, State, and Local Parks
- Railroads, Airplanes, and Rockets
- Nature Centers & Science Museums
- Seminole Indian Culture & History
- Florida Freshwater Springs
- Florida Arts and Theater
- Florida Zoos and Sanctuaries
LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE THEMED DAY TRIPS
Asolo Repertory Theater, Sarasota
Sometimes people like to leave the driving to someone else. If that is you, check out this resource:
Boutique Adventures LLC
9883 SE 178th Place
Summerfield, FL 34491
This small firm features day trips for small groups to off the beaten path places including many written about in our website. She also offers custom designed day trips if enough people are interested. You can get on her mailing list to see what's coming up.
Our Facebook page has more than 116,030 followers who love off the beaten path Florida: towns, tourist attractions, maps, lodging, food, festivals, scenic road trips, day trips, history, culture, nostalgia, and more. We post articles every day. Please check it out and if you like it, we would appreciate a "like" from you.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE EZINE
Florida Back Roads Travel is not affiliated with or endorsed by Backroads, a California-based tour operator which arranges and conducts travel programs throughout the world.
By Mike Miller, Copyright 2009-2021 Florida-Back-Roads-Travel.com