FLORIDA DAY TRIPS
June 9, 2020
The Florida day trips on this website tell you about specific locations you can visit. That could be a town, a tourist attraction, a museum, or anything of interest.
Sunshine Skyway Bridge Across Tampa Bay
There are two ways you can find a good day trip on this web page:
1. You can choose a day trip within a 100 mile radius of any of several major Florida cities. These day trips include a wide variety of places and experiences.
2. You can choose a day trip based on a theme that fits into your particular interest. This might be a railroad museum, a botanical garden, a zoo, or any number of others. We have arranged these day trips destinations by theme.
Downtown Jacksonville, Florida
FLORIDA DAY TRIPS BY CITY
Each city day trip page includes a list of destinations that make good day trips within 100 miles of that city.
Click on any map below to see the recommended day trips.
U.S. Navy Blue Angels Above Pensacola
FLORIDA DAY TRIPS BY THEME OF INTEREST
You can choose day trips based on any of these themes of interest.
- Theme Parks and Amusement Parks
- Beaches for Swimming or Shelling
- Manatees, Birds, Dolphins, and More
- Adventures on the Water
- Florida Everglades Adventures
- Florida History and Places to Visit
- The Florida Keys Things to Do
- Botanical Gardens, Flowers, Trees
- Great Florida Restaurants and Bars
- Historic Buildings and Architecture
- Historic Florida Hotels
- Florida Lighthouses
- Historic Carpenter Gothic Churches
- Museums of All Kinds and Collections
- Outdoor Adventures
- National, State, and Local Parks
- Railroads, Airplanes, and Rockets
- Nature Centers & Science Museums
- Seminole Indian Culture & History
- Florida Freshwater Springs
- Florida Arts and Theater
- Florida Zoos and Sanctuaries
LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE THEMED DAY TRIPS
IMAGES OF THINGS YOU WILL SEE ON YOUR DAY TRIPS
Century Tower, University of Florida, Gainesville
Naples Botanical Garden
Florida State Capitol, Tallahassee
Golf Carts Are Preferred Transportation at The Villages Florida
Our Facebook page has more than 101,638 followers who love off the beaten path Florida: towns, tourist attractions, maps, lodging, food, festivals, scenic road trips, day trips, history, culture, nostalgia, and more.
Take a look. If you enjoy what you see, please give us a like.
OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
Subscribe to our Free Ezine, Florida Heritage Travel
Mike Miller of FloridaBackroadsTravel.com has written 25 books on Florida.
Click on the cover display to see his Amazon author page.
Florida Day Trips