Central Florida Fish Camps
Central Florida fish camps are usually on the lakes and rivers that are the most prominent features of this land locked region of the state.
Some Mom and Pop motels are also on the water, and most of them are on the less traveled roads of the state.
There are literally hundreds if not thousands of lakes ranging from small ponds to major chains of lakes like the Harris Chain in Lake County and the Winter Haven chain of lakes.
Many of the lakes in Central Florida are spring fed and most of them are loaded with fish. Some fish camps have lodging, others are just great places to launch your boat or rent one of theirs and get out on the water.
Some Central Florida Fish Camps
Mom & Pop Motels
100 Alexander Street
Mount Dora, Florida 32757
This historic hotel has been in business since 1883. It is on the east shore of Lake Dora in the heart of downtown Mount Dora with all of its shops, restaurants and other attractions. It is a favorite spot to watch sunsets for locals and tourists alike.
Lakeside Inn, Mount Dora
Owners Jim and Alexandra Gunderson have been steadily renovating rooms and are dedicated to preserving this oldest continuously operating example of all Florida historic hotels. The Inn boasts Tremainʹs Lounge (with a fireplace and music), a large dining room, a swimming pool overlooking Lake Dora and a dock for taking captained boat tours and seaplane flights.
Google Map Lakeside Inn
Lakeside Inn Website
Palm Gardens Restaurant and Marina
1661 Palm Garden Street
Palm Gardens is on the Dead River that connects Lake Harris to Lake Eustis in Tavares. It is a fish camp, a marina and has a small restaurant. It has an Old Florida atmosphere that is becoming increasingly rare in Central Florida.
Palm Gardens, Tavares
As the name implies, there are plenty of tall palms on the property and a nice deck with shady umbrellas to sit and enjoy a meal or a beer and watch the boat traffic go slowly by on the river.
Palm Gardens has RV lots for rent, an adjacent public boat ramp, bait and tackle for sale and they rent boats. They also sell fuel and have a store with plenty of beer, soft drinks, bottled water and various snacks.
The restaurant has quite a local following with their Wednesday "Steak Nights" and they also serve breakfast and lunch. On hot days you can dine inside in their air conditioned Riverview Room.
Google Map Palm Gardens
Palm Gardens Website
Here Are Some Other Central Florida Fish Camps
- Bert's Hideaway Resort, Lake Wales
- Blue Creek South Moon Fishing Camp, Astor
- Camp Mack River Resort, Lake Wales
- Cherry Pocket Restaurant, Motel, Lake Wales
- Cypress Isle RV Park & Marina, Lake Placid
- Grape Hammock Fish Camp, Lake Wales
- Henderson's Fish Camp, Lake Placid
- Jennings Resort, Lake Wales
- Lake Istokpoga Marina & RV Park, Lake Placid
- McIntosh Fish Camp, McIntosh
- Mill Dam Lake Resort, Silver Springs
- Mossy Cove Fish Camp, Lorida
- Neibert's Fishing Resort, Sebring
- Nelson's Outdoor Resort, Umatilla
- Panavista Lodge, Lake Panasoffkee
- Pine Island Fish Camp, Lady Lake
- Pratt's Resort on Lake June, Lake Placid
- South Shore Fish Camp, Citra
- Tracy's Point Fishing Lodge, Lake Panasoffkee
- Trail's End Fishing Resort, Lorida
- Webster Country Cottages, Webster
Trail's End Fishing Resort, Lorida
OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
Over 67,000 followers can't be wrong. Learn about off the beaten path Old Florida, historic towns, attractions, festivals, scenic drives and more.
Like Us On Facebook
Return To Florida Fish Camps
Return To Florida Backroads Travel Home